openldap, kerberos, ssh

hello folks,

i am trying to migrate from NIS setup to a ldap setup
to achieve the following.

a) LDAP server holds multiple NIS domain user
information, nfs automount information associated with
the nis domains.
b) the user authentication via ssh is done against a
kerberos server to provide one-time login support.
c) the ldap server also checks with  Microsoft AD
directory to see if the user account has a
corresponding account in AD. if it doesn't then it
fails.

I am kind of stuck has to how to achieve b & c. I have
read about padl migration tools for nis to ldap but
beyond that i am lost.

I kind of figure that referral option ldap could
probably be used to query AD. I am not sure. Would
appreciate pointers to guides, hints, writeups of
successful implementations .

thank you.
regards
John