Re: CGI Scripts, Apache 2.2.3, and Debian 4.0 R1

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:29:26 -0800 (PST)
"Jon D. Irish" <irishjd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
> Still no luck. I keep getting "The webpage cannot be found" errors.
> Is it possible that I am missing an Apache package? Here are my
> index,html and config files (if it would help).
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

I don't have a ready answer, but just a few thoughts.

What's your DocumentRoot set up as?  This would be
in /etc/apache2/sites-available2/default.  Make sure it points to your
index file (aka your homepage).

It's a good idea to restart apache2 after making any changes, with the
command:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Might be an idea to install and read apache2-doc -- it comes with some
good examples.

There's a site I googled that has some basic instructions, at
http://www.free-bees.co.uk/articles/apachetest/print/

Good luck!

Mark

PS, if, even after tinkering, things still don't work, you could try
webmin, where the debian package can be obtained at
http://www.webmin.com/