Re: How to start KDE from a console prompt?

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
On Tuesday 11 December 2007 08:29:02 pm Ron Johnson wrote:
On 12/11/07 20:20, Michael Pobega wrote:
startx /usr/bin/startkde
Remembering that, I tried "startx startkde", but that bombed.  Now I
know why...

Why?

I _think_ Ron is saying that earlier before posting his original question he had vaguely remembered the need to feed a parameter to "startx", and had therefore earlier tried "startx startkde", but it failed. When Michael wrote "startx /usr/bin/startkde", Ron then realized why his earlier attempt had bombed: he had failed to provide the full path to "startkde".

At least that's what I took him to be saying. Perhaps he'll jump back in here and clarify for us.

--
Kent