Re: Ping works but not internet

Axel Minck a écrit :
Hi everybody,

I recently installed Debian on my computer (2.6.18 kernel).

After some time to configure the wireless internet access, I can:

-          Ping addresses

-          Go to Google homepage (sometimes I cannot even open Google)

-          Carry out searches on Google

But I can’t go to any other address. Even in Google’s results list, clicking on a link will result in a timed out error.

In parallel, I can ping the addresses I cannot access with the navigator.

Does someone have an idea to solve this ? It seems very strange….

Thanks in advance !

Hi

Are you bind a router of any sort ????

This sounds like a MTU problem !

Little packet (ping) are ok but not large packet(surfing).

Regards
Guillaume

--
Guillaume
E-mail: silencer_<at>_free-4ever_<dot>_net