Re: Debian on PCs

John Talbut wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a web site with a repository of users'
> experiences of running Debian or GNU/Linux on PCs, similar to the
> www.linux-laptop.net site?
>
> It would certainly have helped me to install Debian on some PCs if I could
> have had a sight of .config, xorg.conf and driver information from others
> who had
> experience with the same machines.  And I could pass on my experiences.
>
> John
Hi John,
Maybe this isn't exactly what you're asking but a substitute for it. You can
try a live CD that you can download and burn on any platform. I
particularly recommend Knoppix. Just stick the live CD in the drive and
boot up. You can then investigate all settings (xorg, etc.) at your
leisure. If Knoppix is happy with your pc then it's a pretty good bet that
Debian will be also.
Cheers,
Jonathan