Re: buying TV card

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 08:43:38AM -0500, Scott Lair wrote:
---deleted---
so its not strictly etch. Also, these cards include hardware mpeg
encoding which can be a blessing and a curse, depending on your
situation.

Could you expand a bit on the subject of "a blessing and a curse" with respect to hardware mpeg encoding?

Or, point to a relevant discussion of the issue?

I've been holding out, waiting for hardware mpeg card support in MythTV (been a while since I've checked, looks like it may have improved since) and was not aware of negative issues with it.

Thanks,

--
Bob McGowan
Symantec, Inc.