Re: How Linux becomes Windows

Dirk wrote:
I won't start commenting on all this HAL, udev and similar bullshit.

But this error message when I used modconf: "update-modules deprecated"

Is another sign that people here are trying to emulate even the bad
sides of Windows.

*I* (ME!) wan't to have fucking control over my modules back you
frickin' desktop loving auto-this, auto-that assholes!!!!

:C

Hmm, I am not sure what you are talking about. HAL and udev have been standard in all desktops for awhile now. If you truly hate hal maybe you can just not install any desktop and just do all your computing through the console. Mutt and lynx are pretty nice ;)

Sam