xsane-0.993 backport for Etch?

I have installed Etch on a laptop being used as a SSH server and
printer/scanner server but I need xsane 0.993 to be able to use my Canon
Pixma MP450 multifunction printer and Etch comes with 0.991.

Does anyone know if there is a DEB for a later version of Xsane out
there on the net?  Yes I have looked and doesn't seem to be in Etch
backports either, but maybe someone else knows of a personal repository
out there that has this.

Otherwise, if i download the source I can build it myself, but would
prefer not to... Aren't there loads of dependencies for Sane?

--andrew

--
GnuPG Key ID: ECB18ABA
Fingerprint:  FDF3 91FC F5BC 1164 E217  315E 337E 219B ECB1 8ABA