FAQ about encrypting harddrive using key on USB key?

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to become a new debian user, and am still kinda fuzzy on
where the best place to go for FAQs and help are, so bear with me...

I'm trying to set up my laptop with debian on an encrypted / partition
(and I'll have encrypted swap, too).  I would like the encryption key
to be stored on an encrypted USB drive that can boot enough of the
system to run debian.  So I want to need 2 things to boot:  the USB
stick (which will be bootable and take control from the OS) and a
passphrase to unencrypt the USB drive.

I had found a FAQ on how to do this a long time ago, but my desktop
died, so I lost the link.  Searching recently, I found what seemed to be
an appropriate link to it (using google) on http://debianhelp.org/, but that
website seemed to be down, so I'm not sure where to go.

In the meantime, of course, the cat ate my power cable (again), so my
laptop is currently DOA and I lost my 1st attempt to post this, but once
I get a replacement adapter, I'd like to get debian up and running!

Does anyone know of a mirror to debianhelp.org, or what happened to it?

Is there a different FAQ I should be using?

Thanks all, and I hope to soon join you in debian-land.

--Peter