Re: OT: clicky keyboards

On Dec 7, 2007, at 10:10 AM, Ed Curtis wrote:

i'll teach you to turn away. wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
ASW> [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: us-ascii, 13 lines --]
ASW> Totally OT, except it's on my debian box ;)
ASW> If you need that amazingly insightful gift for someone (yourself?)
ASW> this year, check out www.clickykeyboards.com for real IBM
ASW> keyboards. Mine just arrived and I'm in heaven.
i've been using model M2s (1395300) exclusively for over the past decade. each one usually lasts 3-6 years, & i'm getting near needing another. unfortunately clickykeyboards.com doesn't have one in stock, & judging by their prices, i can do MUCH better. the last one i purchased was $25, & that was the most i've ever paid for one. ($6 was the least in 1997.)

You have got to be kidding me!! They actually charge this much for these things!! I have a buddy that has 2 HUGE boxes full of keyboards from yesteryear. He may just have a goldmine in his attic and not even know it.

Yeah, but for $40 they take the thing apart and clean it before they sell it to you. That might just be worth every penny, given how disgusting those things get. I hope the guy who cleans them gets extra danger pay for the biohazard he's exposed to. ;)