person playing wesnoth as root

I don't have previous threads stored on my box, so I can't link this
into the right thread.

There was a thread in the last few days from someone who felt that they
need to run the westnoth game as root to access some kind of
framebuffer.

As a concrete example of why this should be avoided, I note today's
security announcement on the game that there is a bug which allows an
attacker to read any file to which the user running the game has access.

Some attacker could have read the shadow-password file (heh, the whole
/etc), crack all the passwords, and just be waiting for ssh to open port
22.  Pubkey wouldn't help since they'd also have read your ~/.ssh/

Doug.