Re: Re: Problem with compiling

> I want to install the PWC software for my Logitech Webcam Pro 4000
> I got the code from here:
>
> http://www.saillard.org/linux/pwc/files/
>
> And i tried form ther pwc-10.0.11.tar.bz2

well there is now a 10.0.12-rc1 out so you might look into that.

Ok very nice.

What, where do I have to look ?

> And install per this information:
>
> http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/PWC/InstallationStandAloneModuleKernel2x6
>
> Is that ok ?

looks reasonable. What kernel are you building for?

I'm using kernel 2.6.18-5-486

>any reason why you aren't using pwc-source package from debian? Also
>note that package claims that after 2.6.18 the pwc module is no longer
>needed as the "uncompressor thingy" is in the kernel tree, so you may
>not need it at all. Indeed, I do have pwc* modules on my system.

The reason is, that I gor the link to pwc on the Motion homepage.

Where can I get the pwc-source package. Byt apt-get install it ?

Sorry for the huge delay in answereing :-(

--
Venlig hilsen - Best regards - Erik Jakobsen
Licensed HAM-RADIO with the callsign OZ4KK