Re: exim4 config - what EXACTLY is "final destination"

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 06:21:26PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:47:33PM -0600, Bob Goldberg wrote:
> > running debian etch w/ exim 4.
> >
> > I want to setup exim to receive internet email, and accept/relay ONLY emails
> > to a recipient listed in a text file, on to my exchange server. It will not
> > send any outbound email.
>
> I think I've figured out how to do this. more below.

snipping some stuff...

this part is wrong.

> accept local_parts = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/to/recipient-file}}
>        domains	   = +relay_to_domains

it needs to be

accept domains = +relay_to_domains
       endpass
       verify = recipient

that verify line will cause exim to look through all the routers for
one that will accept it and if it finds one, then it accepts it.

this acl stanza exists in the default config already. :-)

Then this router needs to be changed:

> begin routers
>
> # this router, the only router, sends all accepted mail to the
> # exchange_smtp transport
> exchange_router:
> 	driver = manual
> 	domains = *
> 	transport = exchange_smtp

exchange_router:
	driver = manualroute # not manual!
	data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/to/recipient-file}}
	transport = exchange_smtp

you don't need a 'fail' part (other thread) because since this router
won't match, and the ACL above will deny it. I think.

hth