pam module (pam_exec)

hi,

I wonder why the pam module pam_exec is not present in the package pam-modules (etch).

I would need this to test if a central authentication server (openldap) is present or not in order to bypass the ldap authentication in case of it is unavailable : the failover is very very long if the network is unreachable. (pam_ldap.so)

Maybe i need to write a pam module to test accesibility of the ldap server!!? (for exemple : pam_isreachable.so nbtry=3 typetest=ping servertype=pam => it would read the pam_ldap.conf and test the ping on all server)

is exist another solution?

thank you very much for your help.

by

Anthony