Re: spam

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 08:55:47AM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-11-26 22:21:27, schrieb steef:
> > hi list,
> >
> > got a whole series of spam (from africa?) on this list. never seen so
> > many spam messages before. am i the only one? or not maybe?
>
> Which spam do you mean?
>
> I see in ma fetchmail log that it had downloaded 147618 messages between
> 2007-11-23 and 2007-12-01 and only 13400 legitim arrived my mailfolders...
>
> Do you have not installed a mailfilter?
>
> Hmm, not realy much spam currently... normaly I get arround 38000 per day.

Michael,

The debian lists have mail filter administrators more adept than many of
the users of debian lists will ever be.

I notice that your posts tend to come in batches where you reply to what
to daily readers of debian-user would appear to be threads that have
been dead for a few days.  Perhaps by the time the DU mail gets to you,
the spam storm has been fixed and you never receive it.

Or, perhaps your mail filters are better than debian-user's.  If so,
perhaps you could provide some guidance to the debian lists mail filter
administrators.

I don't have a mail filter.  I only get about 2 spams per week other
than what comes from debian-user; I get many a day from DU.

Doug.