Re: random keystrokes ignored on console

El vie, 30-11-2007 a las 17:16 -0600, Owen Heisler escribió:
> On Thu, 2007.11.29 22:39, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007.11.29 21:32, Owen Heisler wrote:
> > > Sometimes, when I type in the console, about 40% of the keystrokes are ignored.
> > > If I type (for example) "startx" and hit enter, I'll see "sart" or somesuch and
> > > the command fails.  In that same case, typing "sttartxx" and enter probably
> > > would have worked, with "startx" being run.  The enter key is also affected, so
> > > maybe I'd have had to hit it twice.  This is frustrating, obviously.  This
> > >  - does not seem to be related to system temperature,
> > >  - does not happen in X,
> > >  - doesn't seem to be happening consistently,
> > >  - and affects logging in (username & password) too.
> >
> > I fixed this by upgrading dbus from 1.0.2-1 to 1.1.1-3.
> Actually, this didn't fix the problem.  After the system is booted, there are
> three dbus processes running: two 'dbus-daemon' and one 'dbus-launch'.  Killing
> the 'dbus-launch' process fixes the problem (until the next reboot, of course).

dbus-launch is used to launch a program within a session bus instance.
Try checking the init scripts to see what program is being run, that
program may be the cause of the problem and not dbus itself.

Gabriel Parrondo
GNU/Linux User #404138
GnuPG Public Key ID: BED7BF43
JID: gabrielp@xmpp.us

"The only difference between theory and practice is that, in theory, there's no difference between theory and practice."