Re: How does GMail know I use Firebug extension in Iceweasel?

Ron Johnson wrote:

                      Disabling javascript renders most sites pretty
useless. I have played around with noscript for a couple of months
before turning it off.

Why?  Noscript is great...

Sure, it is. Maybe I should give it another try, but it was too much of a bother to "Temporarily allow..." sites and reload them when something does not work.

Is there some way to keep javascript enabled while limiting the amount
of information the remote site can "see"?

Be careful what you store in your web browser.

I generally save only harmless passwords in the browser and try to remember the rest. Unless there is a serious security bug, I do not think remote sites would be able to access them. In any case, I am confident such bugs would get fixed in sid rather rapidly. I was more worried about sites trying to get smart depending on the browser version/os/installed plugins, etc.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran