Re: how to detect the number of processors ?

Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello List,

today I built a new kernel for one computer of the lab:
whereas the boss claims that it has only one processor,
Knoppix claims that there are two processors.
Booting a smp kernel shows two processors.
I am quite confused: how to know for sure
the number of processors in a black box ?

Probably not the answer to the question you are asking, but other than looking for the app that tells you and installing it, or running dmesg, the fast way would be to just take the cover off the box and take a look inside.
Regards,

David.