Re: debian 3.1 - how make it to support 2G memory

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 06:20:54AM -0800, ann kok wrote:
> When I install debian 3.1, I already have this kernel
>
> Can I have 2.6.x kernel?
>
> how can I get it?

I ran a 2.6 kernel when I ran Sarge.  In fact, Etch's release notes tell
you to be using a 2.6 kernel before you upgrade.  Just use your usual
package manager and search for the 2.6 kernel meta-package.

However, note that there are huge differences in module handling between
2.4 and 2.6.  A more considered opinion would require us to know why you
are still using old-stable (Sarge, 3.1) instead of stable (Etch, 4.0).

Doug.