Re: removing kde

Kumar Appaiah wrote:
On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 09:01:09PM -0600, lostson wrote:
I have install debian stable with kde and am wanting to remove kde completely and install gnome. Is this possible ? and if so how ? I have been googling trying to find a way with no luck thanks.

In most cases, KDE packages depend on kdebase, IIRC. So, removing
kdebase should remove most KDE packages. apt-get remove kdebase.

HTH.

Kumar
Removing libartsc0 is what did it for me. That removed virtually everything that was KDE related.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com