Re: terminal-metapackage

>> footprint of around 9GB (though several of these
>are
>> not essential and some are repetative like firefox
>in
>
>Hmm. That sounds like a lot of stuff. I have quite a
>bit installed as
>well, a full KDE gui environment, firefox/iceweasel
>plus other stuff,
>yet my install footprint only reaches close to 5
>gigs - which is also
>the size of my / partition (no /usr separated out
>here). I am coming
>close to filling that partition, though.
>
>I'm not sure there is such an ncurses environment
>although there are
>some things that use ncurses. I guess one could whip
>up something that
>acts as a super-shell menu setup under ncurses,
>though.
>
>But you could do the terminal stuff with virtual
>consoles, since of
>course that functionality is built in. Or, as some
>have suggested, use
>screen.

i have been looking at screen, and think that it may
work if i could find a way (an add-on script or
something) to create a tabbable menu of the open
screens to replace the use of next and windowlist
(almost a persist on windowlist)

using X with virtual consoles is probably easier but
it would be to easy for me to just use a graphical
tool to do something rather than learn the commandline
better, which is why i am avoiding X

jwlockhart

Registered Linux User #458799
this user is penguin powered