Re: terminal-metapackage

On 11/26/07, joseph lockhart <jwl_andlovesaidno@yahoo.com> wrote:

> footprint of around 9GB (though several of these are
> not essential and some are repetative like firefox in

Hmm. That sounds like a lot of stuff. I have quite a bit installed as
well, a full KDE gui environment, firefox/iceweasel plus other stuff,
yet my install footprint only reaches close to 5 gigs - which is also
the size of my / partition (no /usr separated out here). I am coming
close to filling that partition, though.

I'm not sure there is such an ncurses environment although there are
some things that use ncurses. I guess one could whip up something that
acts as a super-shell menu setup under ncurses, though.

But you could do the terminal stuff with virtual consoles, since of
course that functionality is built in. Or, as some have suggested, use
screen.