Re: Adobe Reader 8

Ron Johnson wrote:
On 11/26/07 13:19, KS wrote:
Hi,

With Adobe Reader 8 I have noticed that when I click on a document to
open it in Adobe Reader, initially the reader window shows me my desktop
(icons and all) for a small instant ~ 0.5 sec. Has anyone noticed that?
Is it normal?

Sounds abnormal.  But with the dearth of information you have (not)
supplied us with, how can we try to repeat your problem?

It is probably the delay between the window manager drawing the window and the application drawing the window contents (or something similar) I did notice similar (harmless) things happening when running heavy apps on lighter machines.

IMHO, acroread is getting more and more bloated with each release. I prefer to use evince or xpdf most of the times and only try acroread when all else fails (which is rather rare and the converse is much more likely)

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi