Re: terminal-metapackage

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 12:39:52PM -0800, joseph lockhart wrote:
> well to an extent this is an extension of my last
> thread. does anyone know of any metapackages that
> contain all the cli tools in one place, if not then i
> am off to RTM at http://people.debian.org/ on creating
> metapackages and try to work something out, though it
> is not something that i am strong at. anyone wishing
> to help or comment please feel free to contact me on
> or off of the list.

I don't know if one exists, but in aptitude's "graphical" interface
there is a complete listing of meta-packages.

> my other intrest would be to create a ncurses based
> overlay for terminal that would allow multiple screens
> without logging into more than one tty, though i am
> not sure if one exists or not (i am also going to look
> at twin)

Why not use X, a tiling WM like wmii, or xmonad and Xinerama? These
give a keyboard oriented, terminal like environment using lots of
xterms. Genuinely curious here as to why you would jump through a
bunch of hoops when something already exists... or why this option
doesn't meet your needs.