Re: Screen and GPM

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Michael Pobega wrote:

I'm trying to get GPM clicking to work from within screen; So far I've
been without luck. I stumbled upon one page[0] that contained a 'patch'
for GPM, but I'm hesitant to try it (First off being that I have no clue
how to even install the patch) in case it may break my system, so I
figured I'd ask here if anyone knew a Debian-way to get GPM working
under screen.

[0] http://lists.linux.it/pipermail/gpm/2000-November/000021.html

Good luck, I'm no expert but the patch might be the only way to go, a few years back I tried in vain to find a solution that would get screen and gpm playing nicely together and failed. If memory serves me when I was reading the various archived mailing lists the screen people seemed to blame it on GPM and the GPM people did not seem too bothered.

If you do decide to use the patch p;ease post to let us (well me) how well it works.

Peter