Re: The excessive amounts of spam I am getting

On Nov 25, 2007 7:04 PM, Sidarth Dasari <sidster802@gmail.com> wrote:
> Usually gmail filters it out pretty well, but I think perhaps it white
> listed the debian-user address. I hope it can catch the right stuff
> without blocking the real questions.

I had that problem yesterday.  Today's much better.  Since my spam
folder isn't growing as fast as the mail was arriving yesterday, it
may be that the mailserv is catching more of the spam.  You shouldn't
have a problem with gmail filtering based solely on the debian-user
address.  Mark the spam, look for mistakenly flagged ham, and gmail
will learn.

--
Michael A. Marsh
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~mmarsh