Re: [OT] LaTeX

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 11:12:38AM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> Hello DU
>
> I'd like to begin writing my coursework for college in LaTeX, but I've
> no clue where to start. I began by installing the vim-latexsuite
> package, but that didn't seem to really work too well (The help pages
> are both missing), and I have no clue where to start to learn LaTeX.
>
> Any point in the right direction would really help!
>
> Also, for the Debian related question; What package would people out
> there recommend for compiling and viewing LaTeX?

The best tutorial is probably the Not-So-Short Introduction to LaTeX2e:

www.ctan.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/lshort.pdf

As for Debian packages, you'll want some subset of the texlive-* packages. Try
just the 'texlive' package for starters, which pulls in some of the LaTeX
stuff.

--
Benjamin A'Lee :: benjamin.alee@subvert.org.uk
Subvert Technologies :: http://subvert.org.uk/