[solved] ATI 7.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [solved] ATI 7.11 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver?
- From: Jonathan Kaye <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:44:07 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> Hi all,
> ATI just released a new driver, the ATI Catalyst™ 7.11 Proprietary Linux
> x86 Display Driver. Does anyone understand their numbering system? The
> previous driver, released in October 2007 was 8.42.3. Is ATI going
> backwards? Is 7.11 really the LATEST driver?
To answer my own question, when I started to build the debs from the
installer, the version came out as 8.433-1. To be consistent, ATI should
have called it 8.43.3-1 but at least not it appears to be a later version
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/