Re: How to get microphone working on dell d630?

Great. After doing the amixer setting, the control in alsamixer can be configured for microphone now.

Thanks so much :)

Michael

wanderlust wrote:
$ echo "amixer set 'Capture' cap" >> /etc/rc.local
$ shutdown -r 0

Sincerely,
Wanderlust

У нд, 2007-11-25 у 16:36 +0800, Michael Yang пише:
ALL:

I have debian lenny/sid on my D630 laptop. The sound driver has been setup properly with alsa and is working well.However, the microphone(external, or built-in) doesn't work at all.

I use skype software quite a lot, so it's very important to me that I'd like to know how to get it working. I searched on the google, but didn't get an answer. It seems to be an unresolved issue for D630. I'm wondering if there is anyone got it working before.
Is there a lead I can follow to set it up?

It's really appreciated of your helps.

Thanks.
Michael.