Re: epson perfection 4180 scanner

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 02:43:27PM -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I used to have this scanner setup in SUSE, but it doesn't seem to work in
> Debian.
> # sane-find-scanner
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x0118 [EPSON Scanner]) at
> libusb:007:006
> # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified.
> ------------------------------
> I have xsane and sane installed. Running Debian lenny

Sane *always* does this to me too!  sane-find-scanner finds a scanner
but nothing actually sees it.  I just got my Epson V700 working, what
I had to to was add the following line to /etc/sane.d/epson.conf:-

    usb 0x04b8 0x012c

... and comment everything else out.

Obviously you need to put the values for your scanner there, that's
"usb 0x04b8 0x0118".

--
Chris Green