Re: listening to radio stations

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
Jude DaShiell told:

> Do any command line tools exist in debian that will allow a user to
> listen to a streaming broadcast say from
> http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls I had that working fine on my
> mac mini yesterday then the stream went away so I am interested to know
> if debian can play this too if it's actually working.  It's in the way of
> a cross check.

What you're looking for is moc:

 moc (music on console) is a full-screen player designed to be powerful
 and easy to use.
 .
 Supported file formats are: MP3, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, WAVE, SPEEX, Musepack (MPC),
 AIFF, AU, WMA (and other less popular formats supported by libsndfile).
 New formats support is under development.
 .
 Other features: simple mixer, colour themes, searching the menu (the playlist
 or a directory) like M-s in Midnight Commander, the way MOC creates titles
 from tags is configurable, optional character set conversion for file tags
 using iconv(), OSS or ALSA output.
 .
  Homepage: http://moc.daper.net

Just put http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062 to the playlist and
enjoy;)

Elimar

--
  >what IMHO then?
  IMHO - Inhalation of a Multi-leafed Herbal Opiate ;)
              --posting from alex in debian-user--