Re: command line wordperfect

Mark Grieveson wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 00:35:10 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
On 11/23/07 14:37, Jude DaShiell wrote:
I don't think such can be installed on debian.  Probably not on
freebsd either, so I'm curious have any of the emacs experts ever
put together a key bindings package for emacs that can make a
wordperfect user feel right at home?  The internet service
provider runs freebsd and a couple other subscribers on another
email list would like to get a wp-like environment up and
available on shellworld.net.
You mean the old DOS WP?

Ah, good ol' WP5.0, and then the great WP5.1.  Mmmmm, it was so fast,
and could do spell check, underline, bold (5.1 even had italics),
and vast mail merges!  It just automatically returned, without having
to manually initiate the carriage return at the sound of the bell.  It
was a typewriter with intelligence. Truly phenomenal.
Shift-F7 to centre, F7 to exit, F4 to indent, F10 to list files.  WP
came with its own file manager.  And menu for the DOS system.  And it
had all the drivers to all the printers.  Happy times....  happy
times.....  my sturdy old 286, back when computers were made of metal,
and not plastic..... yup, happy times....
Dont' forget its best feature (the one that has never been used anywhere else, but should be)...

Drum roll, please...

View Codes

I really liked the ability to see exactly what formatting codes were in the file, and where they were placed. It made finding out why the formatting was not as expected so much easier. I wish OOo would implement the feature.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com