Re: command line wordperfect

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:
>  On 11/23/07 14:37, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > I don't think such can be installed on debian.  Probably not on freebsd
> > either, so I'm curious have any of the emacs experts ever put together a
> > key bindings package for emacs that can make a wordperfect user feel
> > right at home?  The internet service provider runs freebsd and a couple
> > other subscribers on another email list would like to get a wp-like
> > environment up and available on shellworld.net.
>
>  You mean the old DOS WP?

On etch I see:

v   libwpd-dev         -
p   libwpd-stream8c2a  - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (sha
p   libwpd-tools       - Tools from libwpd for converting WordPerfect to
p   libwpd8-dev        - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (dev
p   libwpd8-doc        - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (doc
i A libwpd8c2a         - Library for handling WordPerfect documents (sha
p   wp2x               - WordPerfect 5.x documents to whatever converter
p   wpd2sxw            - WordPerfect to OpenOffice.org converter

Make of that what you will.  If perl/python can interface with those
libraries, you're off to the races.