Re: listening to radio stations

Mathias Brodala wrote:
Hi Jude.

Jude DaShiell, 23.11.2007 15:17:
Do any command line tools exist in debian that will allow a user to
listen to a streaming broadcast say from
http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/listen.pls

Just use mplayer, it can play almost everything. Adding the "-playlist" option
might be necessary if you receive an error about "avisynth.dll". (I didn’t get
one while I tested the URL you gave, though.)

Playing http://sc1.liquidviewer.com:9062/.
Resolving sc1.liquidviewer.com for AF_INET6...
Couldn't resolve name for AF_INET6: sc1.liquidviewer.com
Resolving sc1.liquidviewer.com for AF_INET...
Connecting to server sc1.liquidviewer.com[38.116.132.31]:9062 ...
Cache size set to 320 KBytes
Connected to server: sc1.liquidviewer.com

Exiting... (End of file)

Is that because I don't have broadband?

Hugo