Re: /dev/disk/by-uuid does not exist

Hi Zoho

Zoho Vignochi schrieb:
Hello,

I am running sid on a PPC (pegasos). After deciding to change my fstab
to use UUID (but then on second thought to labels instead) I read many
tutorials claiming that there should be a /dev/disk/by-uuid/ directory.
My system has only a by-path and by-id.
That's exactly what happened to me right now too with an amd64 system.
Did you find a solution?

I found the file /etc/udev/persistent.rules
which should be responsible for building the by-uuid folder but didn't find out yet why the symlink is not getting triggered.
So I fired up my laptop which also runs sid (it is an x86) and lo and
behold /dev/disk/by-uuid was there.
I'd like to see my by-uuid too. On other machines it works as expected here too.

Any further input welcome!

--
Miro Dietiker