Re: debian package for sleep to disk?

Bruno Boettcher schrieb:
> hello
>
> i am in the process of setting up a new laptop, and am at the moment
> searching without a success how to implement a hibernate
> functionality....
>
> there's surely a package in debian offering this, but i seem to hit the
> wrong keywords.... so if someone could point me into the right
> direction!

Are you looking for a GUI?
If so, I'd suggest to install kpowersave (KDE) or gnome-power-manager
(GNOME).

They will call hal's Suspend()/Hibernate() method.

In case you have problems to successfully resume, please follow the
instructions at
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-index.html
and send the resulting fdi-file/patch to the hal mailing list or open a
bug report against hal-info.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?