Re: RAID1 arrays not starting when drive is missing

One other thing that might be relevant...

On my machine, when there is only one drive installed, it is
seen by the bios, grub, *and the kernel* as /dev/sda no matter
which SATA port/controller it is plugged into.  So /dev/sda
stays /dev/sda when the 2nd drive is removed, and /dev/sdb
becomes /dev/sda when the first drive is removed.

However, as noted previously, I have the array not starting
problem regardless of which drive remains plugged in.

--
Rich Carreiro