Re: 3-D graphing software for Linux?

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> 0In an advanced Calculus course, we are dealing with functions with 2
> (and more) variables. Is there any 3-D graphing software for Linux
> available? Something like Kalgebra, but with a bit more functions such
> as multiple functions graphed at the same time, asymptote min max and
> other significant points, zoom into 3-D graph, graph of derivative and
> integral, etc.

I think mathematica is what you are after. It is commercial and expensive.
If the functions you are trying out are simple, then maxima (open source,
active mailing list support) might be able to do. I have previously used it
for plotting 2-D functions but do not know much about it's 3-D
capabilities.

hth
raju
--