Re: recommend a flatbed scanner

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 19:55:33 -0600
Reid Priedhorsky <reid@reidster.net> wrote:

Hello Reid,

> Any suggestions for manufacturers or specific models, or pointers to
> good resources to help me choose, would be very much appreciated. I

I tend to prefer HP machines.  Partly for build quality, partly for the
HP attitude to Linux (they acknowledge it exists, and provide support),
and partly on price (not cheapest, but not too expensive, either).

Kelly has recommended the Sane project, with the proviso that HP
multi-function devices aren't supported.  Be aware though, that HP
provide HPLIP for Linux which *does* support their mf devices.

--
 Regards  _

It's got nothing to do with the need to impress
Titanic (My Over) Reaction - 999