Xresources not read at startup

Hi,

I am running Debian Etch on a Macbook, and I have a simple problem,
namely, that my $HOME/.Xresources file, which has a few colour options
for xterm, is not read at startup. I need to manually xrdb load it
each session. I tried a variety of options, including linking it to
the system Xdefaults, checking /etc/X11/Xsession.options for the
'allow-user-session' flag, and nything related in the kdmrc file. I
also tried putting a startup script in the .kde Autostart directory,
then finally put the xrdb command in a .xsession file, having it touch
a text-file. The latter did not happen either.

Any ideas?
--

Regards,

Kumar.

--

"An eye for an eye will only make the entire world blind."

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi