Re: debian ISO question

Mark Quitoriano <markquitoriano@gmail.com>:

>  im new to debian im looking which version should i download. i can see
>  the stable version is 4.0 but when i look for the ISO i only see
>  debian-4.0r1? is this the latest? or is it a release candidate?

   http://www.debian.org/CD/

   "Latest official release of the "stable" CD images: 4.0 rev1."

>  another thing is im going to use deb for a web server? i just need to
>  get the disc 1 right(network installation is not an option for me :)
>  )?

Assuming it's a web server, it'll eventually be networked, yes?  Then,
you can add on anything CD1's missing from the repositories.  Or is
this a standalone development server?  You may need to pull down more
than CD1 somehow.  Sneakernet from a friend with a fast connection?

Do you know about apt-cdrom?  Since you're new to Debian, I recommend
wiki.debian.org for lots of great pointers.