Re: Which AM2 motherboard and chipset do you use?

Douglas A. Tutty(dtutty@porchlight.ca) is reported to have said:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 06:40:08PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > Douglas A. Tutty(dtutty@porchlight.ca) is reported to have said:
>  >
> > > For main board, I went with Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe: lots of SATA and USB
> > > ports, great sound (for me), etc.  It doesn't have integrated video but
> > > an Asus EN7300GT Silent cost $40.  Everything works with standard Debian
> > > Etch and stock kernel.  I choose to use the pre-packaged nVidia X driver
> > > for a bit better DVD playback but its only slightly noticeable on my 21"
> > > drafting CRT during movement; I don't know if it would show up on an LCD.
> > > The issue is the mpeg conversion: the nVidia driver does this in
> > > hardware whereas the nv driver does it in software and the result isn't
> > > as clear, especially if its deinterlacing/blending while showing
> > > full-screen.
> >
> > A bit OT Doug but I have the same MB and I yesterday tried to get sound
> > working.  Sound does not show up in lspci.  What does your box show in
> > lspci?
>
> Sound works fine for me (Debian Etch).  Remember to install:
> alsa-base
> alsa-utils

They are.

> Read the man pages and run alsa-conf

I started that but stopped when lspci said there wasn't any sound
hardware on the MB.

> Here's my lspci:  Sound doesn't show up there either.

Well that makes me feel much better.  Now I can read the man pages and
get it going.

Many Tnx!!

Wayne

--
User error: replace user and press any key to continue.