where is the Message-ID?

On Tue Nov 20 14:10:30 EST 2007, I wrote:
> I post occasionally to the mplayer forum ...
> I prefer to use sendmail.  When I post a reply (here for example), I preserve
> threading as follows.  I construct the message with mailto, manually add the
> References, and send it off with sendmail.
>
> With the mplayer forum, there's a problem.  If I wait for the digest that
> arrives by e-mail, I can see the Message-ID of the last post and add it under
> References to preserve threading.  However, I see no way to find the
> Message-ID at the online archive.  So I can either wait a long time, or I can
> screw up the threading.

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:43:39 +0100, Sven Joachim replied:

> I don't know what everybody else does, but I prefer to read large
> mailing lists in a newsreader.  Gmane (http://gmane.org) is a
> mail-to-news gateway that hosts 10,000 public mailing lists, and
> mplayer-users is in the group gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user.  You can
> also post your own articles via Gmane, if your newsreader cannot send
> mail for some reason.  And, very important: Gmane preserves the original
> Message-Ids and References.

Thanks for a good suggestion.  I found the forum but was unable to find any
way to display the Message-IDs.  Perhaps this is withheld as a way to prevent
harvesting of e-mail addresses.  I was able to find a way to reply to a post.
I tried that and it worked.