Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error DriveStatusError BadCRC

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 03:02:29AM +0100, SPKills wrote:
> I just (re)installed debian etch on my machine, at the first reboot i
> got some errors on my harddisk and i don't really know what it's
> about... But i'm pretty sure it's good at all and i probably have to
> worry about...
> I tried to do a fschk -c /dev/hda1 but i got a warning message telling
> me that my disk is mounted and it's pretty bad to use it on a mounted
> disk so i aborted.
> I'm pretty new with those things and really need help.

What promted a (re) install?

Its either:
1.	true hardware error

	1.1	the drive is dying
	1.2	the cable is loose
	1.3	the power cable is loose or power is flaky

2.	software error

	2.1	bum kernel driver for the drive
	2.2	some other kernel problem.

Doug.