printing troubles in sid/gnucash/gnumeric

hey gang,

fully up-to-date sid.

first real problem I've had in forever. Just today when I was printing
some checks from gnucash I got a segfault. Gnucash crashed. After that
it won't print checks anymore. It will print reports fine, but not
checks. I've confirmed with gnucash upstream that report and check
printing are two different things (the dialogs look different).

So the symptoms: reports print just fine, checks print to a blank
page. Even printing to a file and viewing it gets a blank page.

Interestingly, printing in gnumeric also seems broken, but it actually
produces an error in cups "foomatic-rip failed". But it will print to
a file just fine. :(

Its all very confusing and frustrating.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

thanks