Re: password on screensaver

On Mon November 19 2007, Kent West wrote:
> > I have 2 logins on this box ( Debian Lenny).
> > mine continually requires a password after the screensaver cuts in, or
> > going from user to user. The other login doesn't. Since it is only the 2
> > of us, I don't want it to require a password on restoring a session. I
> > have turned off screensaver and screensaver password, yet it still does
> > it. What am I doing wrong.
> >

> What environment are you using? KDE? Gnome? XFCE? other?
both users are using KDE, Lenny and KDE 3.5.8

> Are both users using the same environment?

yes
> What screensaver program?

um, the default? actually I turned OFF the screensaver ( right-click desktop,
configure desktop-screen saver. Unchecked it.)
I have the display setting set to enable display power management:
standyby 36min
suspend 54 min
power off 96 min

> Are both users using the same screensaver program?

hers doesn't ask for the password.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800