Re: Followup to my last posting

Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

On 11/18/07 09:59, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

On 11/18/07 04:20, David Fox wrote:

Please give such files a .txt suffix so that Tbird knows what to do
with them.

I wish thunderbird and iceweasel are smart enough to just pretend the
file is text and display it. It is annoying to have to save a file and
open it in some text editor just to view its contents when there is no
reason a browser cannot just display it :(

MS Windows is (in this one instance...) polite enough to ask you
which app you'd like to open the file with.

If I remember correctly, the ancient netscape used to display anything that is thrown at at. You had to press shift while clicking on a link to be prompted to save it. Probably that was classified as a bug and "fixed", but I really miss that feature. Many times, even if the mime type is explicitly specified, iceweasel throws up the save dialog for simple things like a python script, or some other code snippet, when all I want to do is have a look at it and be done. I hope someone comes up with an extension/plugin that provides this feature.

second that.

Hugo