Multihomed Question

Hi,

	From "The TCP/IP Guide" (C. Kozierok), p 251:

		"If a device has more than one interface to the
		internetwork, it will have more than one IP address...It
		is also possible for hosts to have more than one IP
		address, however.  Such a device is sometimes said to be
		multihomed."

	From "Linux For Dummies" (Naba Barkakati), p 279:

		"Use the multi option to indicate whether or not a host
		in the /etc/hosts file can have multiple IP addresses.
		Hosts that have more than one IP address are called
		multihomed because the presence of multiple IP addreses
		implies that the host has several network interfaces."

	In my /etc/hosts file, it has the 'multi on' entry.  However, I
	have only one iface, eth1, used for a network (ethernet).  The
	rest of the interfaces are usb, which I've used for network
	access in the past, but aren't NIC's.

	My understanding is that if you have more than one NIC then it's
	multihomed (each has its own IP address).  Based on what my file
	says, and that I have only one NIC (ethernet), does multihomed also include DHCP hosts, as well, since
	their IP address is dynamic?  Thanks.

--
Telly Williams
"Knowledge Is Power"