Re: X server on lenny - broken after today's dist-upgrade

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 07:36:17 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Sun November 18 2007, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > Yes, and then you need to auto-install the nvidia kernel module with
> > module assistant. This will generate and install a .deb file which
> > provides "nvidia-kernel-100.14.19". Afterwards it should be possible to
> > install the nvidia-glx package.
>
> could you explain this a little more??
> I am running 2.6.22-2-686 and have an NVIDIA graphics card
> nVidia Corporation G72 [GeForce 7300 LE]"

Provided you have unstable/non-free in your sources.list, it should work
like this:

- Install the "module-assistant" package.

- Run "m-a update" and "m-a prepare" as root.

- Then you can try to build and install the module like this:

  m-a a-i nvidia-kernel-source

  (Users of older cards will need nvidia-kernel-legacy-96xx-source or
   nvidia-kernel-legacy-71xx-source instead.)

- If you are successful in the previous steps then it should be possible
  to install the nvidia-glx package from unstable.

          Florian   |