Re: debian ISO question

Mark Quitoriano:

> im new to debian im looking which version should i download. i can see
> the stable version is 4.0 but when i look for the ISO i only see
> debian-4.0r1? is this the latest? or is it a release candidate?

No, the 'r' stands for "revision". When downloading an image, always
pick the highest revision. But if you already have an older revision
lying around, upgrading is easy, so you don't necessarily have to
download the newest version.

> another thing is im going to use deb for a web server? i just need to
> get the disc 1 right(network installation is not an option for me :)
> )?

Yep, disc 1 should contain almost or even everything you need.

J.
--
There is no justice in road accidents.
[Agree]   [Disagree]